Thursday 22 March 2012

Sam's first writing effort gets mixed response from its characters..

Yep, after much hinting that it was coming out soon, the story wot I wrote (and illustrated)  for Driver Dan's Story Train did indeed air today (it's about 6 mins in).  Haven't got the kids' verdict yet as they were in bed by the time it I-playered, but I think I got away with it.  It's a daft story about a lion that rocks up uninvited for lunch and then won't eat anything he's given.

There is of course also some dancing...


And cos it's StoryTrain, more dancing at the end of story party!


Yay for the Driver, and thanks to all at StoryTrain for giving my story a whirl!  

5 comments:

Brillustration said...

loving afro hippo!
congratulations on the story toooo!

Unknown said...

kids will see its charm, don't worry.

nice illustration, and congratulations too. :)

Keith said...

I am jealous.

Seriously.

Sazzle543 said...

Hi Sam

We watched this on Driver Dan and I loved it. Wanted to buy the book for my nearly two year old but it seems there is no such thing! Get it sorted, we want it

Well done

Sam Church said...

Hey Sazzle - thanks for your lovely comment - I'm proper chuffed you liked it enough to buy it (or try to..). Unfortunately I'm not aware of any plans to publish it as a book..it's tricky as the 'books' are layed out to work for the camera so don't necessarily work with printed text as a real book...if that makes sense! I'll let you know if they change their minds or if I'm ever flush enough to buy the rights back!! :)
In the meantime if you're Bristol based (many of my followers are..) I'll be exhibitting one of the originals from it at the Bed Workshop on Braunton Rd, Bedminster as part of the SouthBank Arts Trail this weekend, bizarrely alongside some King Lear sketches. Variety as they say is the spice of life...