Wednesday 29 June 2011

Meerkats

Eyop!  Sorry I've been a while away - I've been feverishly drawing (can't tell you)s for my a story I wrote about (shouldn't say) for another episode of Driver Dan's Story Train.  I am dead excited as this the first story I've written to have been published, aired or more or read by a cartoon lion.  Watch this space!
I meant to post some groovy location sketches from my travels around Bristol (erm, walk to work) today, but I realised I've left my sketchbook in my car which the lovely Mel has now driven to work.  So to fill the time here're a couple of pics that I did recently to illustrate whimsical facts for the new meerkat enclosure at Bristol Zoo  (if you want to see the rest you'll either have to visit or wait till I leave my sketchbook in the car again).

7 comments:

Melanie Wickham said...

If you walked to work, why is your sketchbook in the car????

Sam Church said...

Look I'm never going to win World's Strongest Man if I don't occasionally pull the car to work now am I?

Keith said...

I have it on good authority that Driver Dan in very picky about his stories. So that is top kudos.

But. re; sketchbook... that is the weakest excuse I have heard since the old homework in the dog groaner.

Sam Church said...

Dammit the sketchbook was in my bag I tells ya! And the bag was in the car because Mel bloody pinched it to take her packed lunch to work in. There I said it...I feel better now!

Cheers Keith for the kudos re Driver Dan by the way - he may be picky about stories but I've yet to see an episode where he refuses to read one! It would be good though...

June said...

Meerkats are fantastic characters, aren't they?
I was so surprised when I saw my first real meerkat, as they are so much smaller than I had imagined. Such good sentries too :o)

Keith said...

Driver dan also has a great head of hair, and great ears.

Keith said...

Oh oh oh. Nohing more to say but the verification word is GATEGATE. I freeking LOVE that one.