Tuesday 17 January 2012

The perils of this sketching lark...

I'm now into my second week, and proper annoyed as I've missed what promised to be a good day's sketching due to circumstances beyond my control (the dreaded man cold - much better now thanks).

Back in the world of sketching, I am still loving it, but I am now faced with some huge obstacles.

Firstly, the actors will not stand still!   As soon as I think I've got the nose right they're off ...and no-one wants a page full of noses (except those that are waiting on the long promised World of Noses).   Come on guys, I know you're just doing your job, but a little consideration! :)

Secondly, having said I'll blog the images, I've realised that drawing them all in an A2 sketchpad wasn't the smartest thing I could do.  At this late hour neither scanning or photographing them is going too well, but here're a few images to show I haven't been twiddling my thumbs!





The below is my favourite picture so far:  it is Dudley Sutton (Lear's Fool) checking his lines, with Simon Armstrong (Kent) discussing the scene with Andrew Hilton, the director (off page right!)

No comments: